Windows 10 is designed to be your best friend by helping you out with everything from typing and messaging to managing your files. However, some people don’t like that it automatically logs you into Xbox Live (a Microsoft product) and Game Mode (the settings for the processor). If you would like to stop the automatic logging, do the following:
What is Game Mode
Game Mode is a cool feature in Windows 10 that will make your PC run faster while you’re gaming. However, Game Mode can also cause your PC to be more vulnerable to attacks, so if you’re not a gamer and don’t want to risk it, you can disable Game Mode.
Should I disable Windows Game Mode?
Unless you are a gamer, Windows 10 Game Mode should never be turned on. Most Windows users would probably prefer to have all the computing power of their machine go towards what they need it for rather than having it consumed by a game. You can disable Windows Game Mode from the setting screen in your PC’s control panel.
How to disable Game Mode
1. Click on Start and enter “gpedit.msc” into the search bar.
2. You will see a screen with two options: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Gaming > Game Mode
3. Double-click on Game Mode. You will see a screen with two checkboxes next to it: “Enable Game Mode” and “Enable Hibernate Game Mode.”
4. Check the box next to “Enable Hibernate Game Mode.” This will disable the automatic logging into Xbox Live and Game Mode, but you can still play games in Windows 10 without an internet connection or a computer that is connected to Xbox Live (if you have either of those, you will have to change your settings).
How do I log out of Xbox Live?
To log out of Xbox Live on Windows 10, you have to do the following:
* Go to the Start Menu and type in “settings” (without quotes)
* Click on “choose your country or region”
* Scroll down until you see Microsoft Accounts, then click “Sign Out”.
* Open up a different window by clicking on the Cortana search bar. Type in “Xbox live sign-out” (without quotes). This will take you to a page that asks if you want to sign out of Xbox Live. Click Sign Out.
Now if you try logging into Xbox Live again it should say that your account is currently unavailable.
1. How do I turn off Game Mode?
You can stop Game Mode from automatically logging you into Xbox Live by going to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode and turning off “Auto game mode on startup” and “Enable game mode for all games.” This will disable the services that Windows 10 automatically logs you into when it starts up.
2. What does this mean for my gaming experience?
This will not affect your gaming experience, but it will disable the auto-logging of your IP address with Microsoft and Game Mode. If you want to be able to use these functions, you’ll need to make sure that they’re enabled.
3. Does this mean I won’t have any access to Xbox Live?
No, you’ll still have access to Xbox Live as long as you have an Xbox Live subscription or Microsoft account linked through your Windows 10 device. It is also possible that Microsoft may have another workaround in the future if they decide they don’t want to give up the automatic log-in feature of their product.
If you’re experiencing a performance issue with Windows 10, you can disable Game Mode. This can help improve gaming performance, but if you want to make sure that your games run smoothly on your computer you should disable Game Mode. Click on the Start button and type “Game Mode” to learn more about how to disable it.