Google Chrome may be the most popular web browser, but it can be a headache. Every time you start up your computer, Chrome opens automatically in the background. You might want to disable the program on startup if you’re having problems with it. Here’s how to stop Chrome from opening on startup and what you need to do after.
If you don’t want Google Chrome opening every time you start your computer, here’s how to disable that feature.
What is Chromium?
Chromium is the open-source project that Google Chrome is based on. It’s not the same browser as Google Chrome and can be used for troubleshooting and advanced configurations. You can find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe.
How to disable the startup of Google Chrome
You can disable the startup of Google Chrome by going to your computer’s settings. To do so, click on the Start menu and type in “disable” or “startup” under search.
The next step is to scroll down and click on “Settings”. After that, you should see a “Startup” tab near the top. Clicking on the tab will bring up a list of programs that automatically start when your computer starts up. Scroll through this list until you find Google Chrome (or whatever other program you’d like to disable from starting up) and then just select it to stop it from running at startup. If you’re not sure how to find these programs, it’s easy! Just click on “All Programs” in the left-hand side of the window. This will open up a list of all programs installed on your computer, so just scroll down until you find one with an icon that looks like a book (this is usually where programs are listed).
After an application has been selected, click on its name in the right-hand file and select “Disable Startup” from the drop-down menu. Once disabled, there won’t be anything listed under “Startup” in Settings anymore–just everything else!
After disabling the startup of Google Chrome
After disabling the startup of Google Chrome, you’ll need to re-enable it. Once your computer is restarted, Chrome will be ready to open.
The first time you start up your computer after disabling the startup of Google Chrome, it will automatically enable itself. To disable the startup of Google Chrome again, follow these steps:
Why does Google Chrome open on startup?
How do I stop my browser from opening on startup Windows 10?
On Windows 10, there are two ways you can disable Chrome from opening on startup. You can either use the Settings option or create a shortcut to open your browser in Incognito mode. To do this:
1) Navigate to the Start menu and type “chrome” without calling it.
2) On the search results page, click on “Choose what kind of browsing experience you want.”
3) In the drop-down box, select “Incognito.”
4) Click “OK.”
5) From now on, Chrome will open in Incognito mode when you start your computer.
The first method is by going through settings and turning off the feature called Startup Programs. Keep in mind that this option will not prevent Chrome from opening if you already have something running in your browser before you start up Windows 10. To turn off startup programs, follow these steps:
1) Open Control Panel and type “services” into the search bar. This may differ depending on your operating system–just search for services and find it yourself.
2) Once opened, find Google Chrome which should be listed as an entry under Services at the top of the window. Click it so that it’s highlighted, then click Disable to turn it off completely or Change User to allow only specific users access to your browser at startup time.
1. How do I stop Chrome opening when I start my computer?
2. What do I need to do after disabling Chrome from opening on startup?
1. You will need to open your Task Manager and go to the Startup tab in order to disable Chrome from automatically starting up with your computer.
2. When you’re finished disabling Chrome, restart your computer so the changes take effect.
First, open the Google Chrome menu by clicking the three horizontal bars in the top-right corner of your browser window.
Under “Settings,” click on “Advanced.”
Next, find “Startup” and uncheck the box next to it.
You can also disable Google Chrome from opening when you start up Windows by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.